Tuesday 5 May 2015

Pilot Questionaire - Trial and Information

To be ready for my questionnaires to be handed out to my students after each workshop I need to know what I will be carrying out before I can begin each one. However the structure of the questionnaire and the way in which it will appear and how each student will answer the questions needs to be thought through before adding any questions and answers.
I went and spoke to a Head Teacher of a Primary School about my ideas and was able to show a structure of my questionnaire and asked many questions about his thoughts and ideas about whether younger children will understand the structure and is it clear about the way they will have to answer questions. The reason I have asked a Primary school head teacher is because I know that older students will be able to answer and elaborate on the questions they have been asked.

Here are the Outcomes for the Pilot Questionaire

1). To begin with I have put at the top of the page that there are answers given as multiple choice and next to each box is a word that would describe the way they feel about each question which will relate to the workshop they have just done. It will state that they can only tick one box and if the want to elaborate as to why they chose that answer a box will be under each question as well which can give older students an option to expand. The Head Teacher said that this is a great idea, however he asked me what age groups will I provide the workshops for as some may not be able to read so pictures next to each box could be a good idea as well. This made me really think and visually it could be easier for children to relate to but I could keep the words next to the boxes as well as the pictures.

2). The wording of each question needs to be easy to understand and the language needs to be kept as simple as possible for complete understanding of each child.

3). I also want this questionnaire to not last too long as it will be given to the students 10 mins before they go home after a 50 min workshop class. This means that there needs to be no more than 5 questions on each questionnaire. The head teacher and myself spoke about this and decided I needed to involve 2 sections when planning my class and ask 2 questions each about each section and then ask an overall question about how they found the workshop and what they learnt. This would really help  me gain clear information on each section and will show my students what and how they had learnt through the workshop.

This has really helped my understanding of questionnaires and how they can be answered by a variety of ages in a quick and efficient way.

No comments:

Post a Comment