Friday 13 March 2015

Task 5A - My own thought on Ethics within my Workplace

There are many regulations and practices that have to be put in place when working with children/young adults. These regulations I already have in place for my theatre school and from previous jobs I have had when working in different schools.
 
Even though teaching dance, singing and acting to children and young adults is my favourite thing whilst seeing them grow as individuals in something they love doing. I have to make sure I have the correct teaching qualifications as well as up to date regulations and practices put in place for me to have the most fantastic but safe theatre/dance school within Coventry.
 
Off the top of my head the regulations I know I need put in place is that;
 
-Every Staff member from the age of 16 upwards needs to have a DBS check. This DBS now can be set up as direct debit every month (£13 a month). This allows the staff to use there DBS anywhere they need it by giving a number off the certificate so that organisation/company can check it there and then.
 
- Child Protection Policy of children needs to be put in place. The principles are;
1. Children and vulnerable people will be protected.
2. The welfare of the child is paramount.
3. All allegations of abuse will be taken seriously.
4. We will collaborate with statutory and voluntary agencies.
5. Staff/Volunteers will be trained and supported.
6. DBS for everyone working will be put in place.
7. Looking at specific safeguarding issues.
8. Mobile Phones are not to be used.
9. Cameras - pictures can be taken on a cameras however a form from all parents/careers needs to be filled in to say if the can/cannot have pictures/videos taken and if they can be used on any marketing or the internet website etc.
 
- Paediatric First Aid trained by at least 3 people. All other Staff need a basic training of First Aid.
 
- Being aware of each child's needs and medical information is kept a close eye on.
 
- Insurance (Public Liability) for your company/yourself if anything is to happen.
 
- Confidentiality of a child's information is extremely important however if anything arises that you are worried for the child or if they have told you or anyone else's safety you must pass it on to someone higher.
 
From working within a school and teaching dance for a while I have come across many different obstacles that I have learnt from or have watched colleges deal with whilst I have been working.
As many people know to get all of this in place is a long process but luckily I have got many people have and can help me, especially with the safeguarding and child protection policy.
 
I will look further into everything to make sure I have everything in place and everything is still up to date.
 
 

1 comment: