Friday 20 March 2015

Task 5A - The codes of practice / regulations which relate to my place of work

After looking and searching in many different places I came across two codes of professional practice for dance teachers within the Syllabi I hope to qualify in soon.
 
RAD and ISTD Codes of Professional Practice for teachers of Dance
 
This has been very helpful and has also shown me other codes and regulations, as well as all the child protection, of what is expected of a dance teacher and what these examination boards expect from there teachers.
 
It gives insight into;
- Fundamental Principles
- Integrity
- Objectivity
- Competency
- Due Skill and diligence
- Courtesy and consideration
- Confidentiality
- Publicity
- Teaching names
- Statutory Requirements
- Health and Saftey
- Data Protection
- The eight principles of the Data Protection Act 1998
- Conduct relating to students, parents and colleagues
- Personal and Professional Conduct
- Unacceptable professional conduct and misconduct
 
Here I have read through and have highlighted and annotated the information given which has helped me with what I have in place and need to look further into.
 
RAD - annotated sheet

I have taken a lot of information from both boards and they have agreed with each others codes and regulations. However the RAD is more in depth and gives more information where as the ISTD is one which can be read quickly but both of them hold information within the correct areas in either a short descriptive way or a very informative way.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment