Sunday 22 March 2015

5C - Reader 5 and Professional Ethics

I have found out some very interesting information from looking into Ethics however I have been very confused along the way. However after having people to turn to and having my own knowledge I realised what ''Ethics'' means.
 
Reader 5
There are 3 main contexts within ethics; Personal, Professional Ethics, Organisational Ethics. Ethics has a ripple effect and hits all three of these three main context but also has an effect on society.
Ethics invades our lives having an impact on society and culture as there are many incidents reported daily that appear all over the media. Within different country's and cultures Ethics and Morals are very different and what people believe but as well as that a country's perspective can change on a certain topic as society and culture change over the years.
Once an action is taken place we all know whether that action is good or bad, ethics isn't like that as it is a very grey area.
 
Professional Ethics
When looking into Professional Ethics I realised how much this related to the codes and regulations I have found out and already have in place.
 
Ethics enters all parts of our lives, whether that is professionally or personally which can either be public or private. Having social media it is very difficult to keep your personal and professional life away from each other. Personally I have to be careful with how my security settings are so I can keep as much privacy away from my profess sional work however having my own theatre school as well as auditioning myself I need to network and with social media being the most used and easiest way to keep in/get in contact I need to keep these pages and profiles so I can market my company.
 
When looking at the different peoples roles within society you instantly think of their attributes towards society. In Reader 5 it refers to a King, Warrior and Judge.
Here are their attributes to go with their Roles;
King - Authoritative
Warrior - Courageous
Judge - Just
 
Within all professions each person has their own attribute they bring to the company/organization. Within my company I have people which hold the attributes of;
Authoritative, Inspirational, Perfectionist, Trustworthy, Caring.
 
Ethics within My Inquiry
 
- I need to make sure I have letters and forms for parents/guardians to complete of children I am wanting to involve within my Inquiry and to make sure I include a section on whether I can either include them within my Inquiry or the web or both but to state that their names would not be included.
 
- I need to make sure that if it a NO that I respect their decision and do not include that child within my investigation. If a parent has allowed their child to be apart of my Inquiry or on the web or both that I am respectful and only refer to them as student 1/2/3 etc. This will make sure that no information including their gender will go any further than myself.
 
- I also need to make sure that to keep Child protection is in place that I do not relate to any workplace I am working at and where I have undertaken some of my investigation as I want all information of the children kept confidential.
 
- I will make sure that whatever the children/young people have learnt and their thoughts and opinions are kept as their words and I will not influence their opinions as I need to have a correct understanding and feedback for me to know what has worked and what hasn't.


No comments:

Post a Comment